2012/03/25

On March 25th, AKB48 member Atsuko Maeda made the shocking announcement that she will be graduating from the group. While many fans are still saddened by her announcement, the singer has written a blog entry to explain her feels about the situation.

Atsuko began by describing the concert before making her announcement. According to her, everyone was having fun in audience. She was happy to see everyone enjoying themselves and almost didn't want to spoil the evening with her announcement. However, she knew that she had to tell her fans what she decided.


She first told fellow member Minami Takahashi while on stage that she would announce it. "It was the beginning for me to start running towards my dreams. I have been given so many chances. I need to be the one to take the first step because if I don't, those behind me won’t be able to continue after me," she wrote.

Despite the sad news, everyone showed Atsuko tons of love and support. "That was the warmest moment of my life. It made me realize that I was not making a wrong decision," she stated.

While none of her fans or fellow group members want her to leave, it was comforting for her to know how loved she is. "The members have been shedding tears for me and have genuinely been concerned for me. I am so so happy that I am able to feel all of this love. The members will always, always be my friends, no matter what happens," she said.

Although she will no longer be in AKB48, the singer still wishes to remain in touch with the group's producer, Akimoto Yasushi, and come to him for advice.

Source : JPOPASIA

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © 2013 JPOPizu - Shiroi - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -